1. The DeKalb County School System is an open system and encourages parent participation and involvement.
2. To maintain an optimal learning environment, parents should arrange classroom visits with the principal in order to avoid testing days, field trips, or other similar preplanned group activity.
3. To assure safety of all students, parents are requested to sign in at the office upon arrival at school.
4. While visiting in the classroom, parents should avoid activity, which would distract students.5. Parental visits should not be for the purpose of “monitoring” a teacher and generally should not exceed one hour in length.
6. When appropriate, the principal may choose to sit with the parent during the visit.